(This section modified 2/11/2023)
If you’re new to this website, note that it has two major “divisions”: (1) “Analog” (DC & AC) controls, and (2) “DCC” controls (mostly NCE Mini-Panel, plus several DCC-Bitswitch videos).
There are approximately 49 DCC videos and 55 analog videos on this site.
1. Several Videos You May Want to Watch First:
- Video #840 “COMPILATION Video for O gauge“ (on Vimeo only, 2022) shows about 9 different, mostly O-gauge automatic control schemes, all DCC. (These will of course work the same for N, HO, S, and Largescale).
- Video #611 “COMPILATION Video for S gauge“ (2017) shows about 9 analog and 9 DCC automatic control schemes for S gauge (most will work for other scales). (same video on Vimeo)
Video #816 “Quick-Start Guide for 3-Rail O-Gauge DCC Programmable Train Controller” (5 parts) is our attempt to show how to get started with the NCE DCC “Programmable Model Train Controller”, aka “NCE Mini-Panel”. Part 0.1/5 on Vimeo
~~~~~~ DCC Videos:
- Video #827, Part 1/2: “Automatic NCE DCC Control 3 Kato N Ga. Locos, 1 Mainline, 1 Detector, No Blocks,No Turnouts“// (same video on Vimeo)
- Video #835: “Six MTH O-Gauge PCCs Operate on 1 Loop (Midwest Traction Hub 2/2“, 3-Rail DCC Automatic Train Control)”// (same video on Vimeo)
~~~~~~ ANALOG Videos:
- Video #668 “Z-Stuff DZ-1012 Block Detector+Relay Automatically Controls 2 O-Gauge Trains On 1 Mainline” — This demonstrates how a Z-Stuff DZ-1012 Infrared Block Detector with adjustable time delay, can be used to control 2 analog AC O gauge trains on the same track (3 parts) . | Part 1/3 on Youtube | Part 1/3 on Vimeo
- Video #9202-10D (DC), “1992 Demo, LGB Automatic 2-Track Yard Controls 3/4/5 Trains on 1 Track” // (same video on Vimeo)
- Video #9606 (DC), “4-Track LGB Automatic Zellner Yard, Controls 5 Largescale Trains on 1 Mainline” // (same video on Vimeo)
~~~~~~ PLAYLIST Shortcuts:
- Shortcut #1: View Youtube playlist of ALL the *DCC* automatic control videos
- Shortcut #2: View Youtube playlist of ALL the *ANALOG* (DC & AC) automatic control videos
- Shortcut #3: View a list of ALL the Youtube Automatic Control playlists
- Shortcut #4: View the original 1997 VIDEOS page (videos listed individually)
2. Playlists Ordered By SCALE
- The Youtube playlists in this section (02 – 27) are grouped by (1) ‘Scale’, (2) then by type of control (DC or DCC), then (3) by whether it’s point-to-point (push-pull shuttle), a loop with NO turnouts, or a loop with turnouts.
- Note there are playlists for both Youtube and Vimeo (usually but now always, the same videos).
Videos #827 & #828 show the LATEST 3-trains-on-1-track and 2-trains-on-1 track programs; they’re in N-Ga. Playlist ‘A04’ immediately below.
- AutoControls.02 N-Ga. DC Controls (vimeo.02)
- AutoControls.04 N-Ga. DCC, Loop, NO Turnouts (vimeo.04)
- AutoControls.05 N-Ga. DCC, Loop, w/Turnouts (vimeo.05)
- AutoControls.06 HO-Ga. DC Controls (vimeo.06)
- AutoControls.07 HO-Ga. DCC, Push-Pull Shuttle (Point-to-Point) (vimeo.07)
- AutoControls.08 HO-Ga. DCC, Loop, NO Turnouts (vimeo.08)
- AutoControls.09 HO-Ga. DCC, Loop, w/Turnouts (vimeo.09)
AutoControls.10 S-Ga. DC, Push-Pull Shuttle (Point-to-Point) (vimeo.10)
- AutoControls.11 S-Ga. DC & AC, Loop, NO Turnouts (vimeo.11)
- AutoControls.12 S-Ga. DC & AC , Loop, w/Turnouts (vimeo.12)
- AutoControls.13 S-Ga. DCC, Push-Pull Shuttle (Point-to-Point) (vimeo.13)
- AutoControls.14 S-Ga. DCC, Loop, NO Turnouts (vimeo.14)
- AutoControls.15 S-Ga. DCC, Loop, w/Turnouts (vimeo.15)
- AutoControls.17 O-Ga. AC , Loop, NO Turnouts (vimeo.17)
- AutoControls.18 O-Ga. AC, Loop, w/Turnouts (Vimeo only, (vimeo.18)
- AutoControls.19 O-Ga. DCC, Push-Pull Shuttle (Point-to-Point) (vimeo.19)
- AutoControls.20 O-Ga. DCC, Loop, NO Turnouts (vimeo.20)
- AutoControls.21 O-Ga. DCC, Loop, w/Turnouts (vimeo.21)
- Just 1 video, shows DCC control of non-DCC locos
- Just 1 video, shows DCC control of non-DCC locos
AutoControls.22 G Ga. DC, Push-Pull Shuttle (Point-to-Point) (vimeo.22)
- AutoControls.23 G Ga. DC, Loop, NO Turnouts (vimeo.23)
- AutoControls.24 G Ga. DC, Loop, w/Turnouts (vimeo.24)
- AutoControls.25 G Ga. DCC, Push-Pull Shuttle (Point-to-Point) (vimeo.25)
- AutoControls.26 G Ga. DCC, Loop, NO Turnouts (vimeo.26)
- AutoControls.27 G Ga. DCC, Loop, w/Turnouts (vimeo.27)
3. Playlists for ANALOG Controls (DC & AC)
Note: The following playlists (28-32) contain the SAME videos as the above playlists. They are just grouped by type of control, rather than by scale.
Note there are 2 separate playlists for the 1992 LGB ‘V9202’ videos.
- AutoControls.28 DC Controls, 1992 ‘V9202’ LGB Detailed How-To’s, NO Turnouts (vimeo.28)
- AutoControls.29 DC Controls, 1992 ‘V9202’ LGB Detailed How-To’s, w/Turnouts (vimeo.29)
- AutoControls.30 DC Controls, Push-Pull Shuttle (Point-to-Point) (vimeo.30)
- AutoControls.31 DC & AC Controls, Loop, NO Turnouts (vimeo.31)
- AutoControls.32 DC Controls, Loop, w/Turnouts (vimeo.32)
4. Playlists for DIGITAL Controls (DCC)
* Most of the DCC videos use the NCE ‘Mini-Panel’ for control, except about 6 which use the DCC-Bitswitch.
- AutoControls.33 DCC Controls, Getting Started With NCE Mini-Panel, for DCC Automatic Train Controls (vimeo.33)
- AutoControls.34 DCC Controls, NCE Mini-Panel, Push-Pull Shuttle (vimeo.34)
- AutoControls.35 DCC Controls, NCE Mini-Panel, Loop, NO turnouts (vimeo.35)
- AutoControls.36 DCC Controls, NCE Mini-Panel, Loop, w/Turnouts (vimeo.36)
- AutoControls.37 DCC Controls, DCC-BitSwitch & Relays, w & w/o turnouts (vimeo.37)
5. Reference Playlists
- AutoControls.38 Ref List ALL ANALOG AutoControl Vids by Ingram (The 6 “superseded” videos from Playlist ’37’ are not included.) (vimeo.38)
- AutoControls.39 Ref List ALL DCC AutoControl Vids by Ingram (vimeo.39)
- AutoControls.40 SUPERSEDED AutoControls videos. These videos have been replaced by newer or better quality versions. (vimeo.40)
- The RailVideos.org page contains 9 more “Layout” playlists (52-60) that show trains, but have no automatic controls.
• With these 2 links, you can View ALL Youtube playlists
or View ALL Vimeo playlists .
• Unfortunately, since Youtube gives you no “A-Z” option to display them in alphabetical order, they display in a JUMBLED order.)
FYI: About The Video NUMBERS
Videos numbered with the ‘600’ series numbers are ‘analog‘ (DC or AC) AutoControls videos.
* Videos numbered with the ‘800’ series numbers are DCC AutoControls videos.
Videos numbered with the ‘9202’ series numbers are the ORIGINAL year 1992 videos — originally recorded on Hi-8 & SVHS videotape. They’re all Largescale DC controls, using stock LGB components.
Videos numbered with the ‘200’ series numbers are model railroad videos (mostly layouts). They contain NO automatic controls content.
Videos numbered with the ‘100’ series numbers (miscellaneous) and ‘400’ series numbers (dance) have NO model railroading content.