This “Site 1” contains PLAYLISTS for VIDEOS made by AutoControls.org (aka James Ingram)
(This section modified 12/24/2020).
View Youtube playlist of ALL the *DCC* automatic control videos
View Youtube playlist of ALL the *ANALOG* (DC & AC) automatic control videos
View the original 1997 VIDEOS page (videos listed individually)
2A. The Compilation Playlist
- AutoControls.01 Compilation Playlist: Contains the AutoControls Compilation video, and 4 ‘featured videos’. (vimeo.01)
The AutoControls ‘Compilation Video’ #611 has excerpts from 6 DC & 6 DCC videos, up thru 8/2017.
== Unusual Videos, NOT in Compilation Video ==
9202-10D (DC) 1992 Demo, LGB Automatic 2-Track Yard Controls 3/4/5 Trains on 1 Track
826 (DCC) 2 MTH O-ga. PS3 Diesels on 1 Small Loop (1 detector, no blocks)
827 (DCC) 3 Kato N Ga. Diesels on 1 Loop (1 detector, no blocks)
829 (DCC) 3 MTH O-ga. PS3 Diesels Push-Pull Shuttle (1 detector, no blocks)
2B. Playlists Ordered By SCALE
The Youtube playlists in this section (02 – 27) are grouped by (1) ‘Scale’, (2) then by type of control (DC or DCC), then (3) by whether it’s point-to-point (push-pull shuttle), a loop with NO turnouts, or a loop with turnouts.
Videos #827 & #828 show the LATEST 3-trains-on-1-track and 2-trains-on-1 track programs; they’re in N-Ga. Playlist ‘A04’ immediately below.
- AutoControls.02 N-Ga. DC Controls (vimeo.02)
- AutoControls.04 N-Ga. DCC, Loop, NO Turnouts (vimeo.04)
- AutoControls.05 N-Ga. DCC, Loop, w/Turnouts (vimeo.05)
- AutoControls.06 HO-Ga. DC Controls (vimeo.06)
- AutoControls.07 HO-Ga. DCC, Push-Pull Shuttle (Point-to-Point) (vimeo.07)
- AutoControls.08 HO-Ga. DCC, Loop, NO Turnouts (vimeo.08)
- AutoControls.09 HO-Ga. DCC, Loop, w/Turnouts (vimeo.09)
- AutoControls.10 S-Ga. DC, Push-Pull Shuttle (Point-to-Point) (vimeo.10)
- AutoControls.11 S-Ga. DC & AC, Loop, NO Turnouts (vimeo.11)
- AutoControls.12 S-Ga. DC & AC , Loop, w/Turnouts (vimeo.12)
- AutoControls.13 S-Ga. DCC, Push-Pull Shuttle (Point-to-Point) (vimeo.13)
- AutoControls.14 S-Ga. DCC, Loop, NO Turnouts (vimeo.14)
- AutoControls.15 S-Ga. DCC, Loop, w/Turnouts (vimeo.15)
- AutoControls.17 O-Ga. AC , Loop, NO Turnouts (vimeo.17)
- AutoControls.18 O-Ga. AC, Loop, w/Turnouts (Vimeo only, (vimeo.18)
- AutoControls.19 O-Ga. DCC, Push-Pull Shuttle (Point-to-Point) (vimeo.19)
- AutoControls.20 O-Ga. DCC, Loop, NO Turnouts (vimeo.20)
- AutoControls.22 G Ga. DC, Push-Pull Shuttle (Point-to-Point) (vimeo.22)
- AutoControls.23 G Ga. DC, Loop, NO Turnouts (vimeo.23)
- AutoControls.24 G Ga. DC, Loop, w/Turnouts (vimeo.24)
- AutoControls.25 G Ga. DCC, Push-Pull Shuttle (Point-to-Point) (vimeo.25)
- AutoControls.26 G Ga. DCC, Loop, NO Turnouts (vimeo.26)
- AutoControls.27 G Ga. DCC, Loop, w/Turnouts (vimeo.27)
2C. Playlists for ANALOG Controls (DC & AC)
Note: The following playlists (28-32) contain the SAME videos as the above playlists. They are just grouped by type of control, rather than by scale.
Note there are 2 separate playlists for the 1992 LGB ‘V9202’ videos.
- AutoControls.28 DC Controls, 1992 ‘V9202’ LGB Detailed How-To’s, NO Turnouts (vimeo.28)
- AutoControls.29 DC Controls, 1992 ‘V9202’ LGB Detailed How-To’s, w/Turnouts (vimeo.29)
- AutoControls.30 DC Controls, Push-Pull Shuttle (Point-to-Point) (vimeo.30)
- AutoControls.31 DC & AC Controls, Loop, NO Turnouts (vimeo.31)
- AutoControls.32 DC Controls, Loop, w/Turnouts (vimeo.32)
2D. Playlists for DIGITAL Controls (DCC)
* Most of the DCC videos use the NCE ‘Mini-Panel’ for control, except about 6 which use the DCC-Bitswitch.
- AutoControls.33 DCC Controls, Getting Started With NCE Mini-Panel, for DCC Automatic Train Controls (vimeo.33)
- AutoControls.34 DCC Controls, NCE Mini-Panel, Push-Pull Shuttle (vimeo.34)
- AutoControls.35 DCC Controls, NCE Mini-Panel, Loop, NO turnouts (vimeo.35)
- AutoControls.36 DCC Controls, NCE Mini-Panel, Loop, w/Turnouts (vimeo.36)
- AutoControls.37 DCC Controls, DCC-BitSwitch & Relays, w & w/o turnouts (vimeo.37)
2E. Reference Playlists
- AutoControls.38 Ref List ALL ANALOG AutoControl Vids by Ingram (The 6 “superseded” videos from Playlist ’37’ are not included.) (vimeo.38)
- AutoControls.39 Ref List ALL DCC AutoControl Vids by Ingram (vimeo.39)
- AutoControls.40 SUPERSEDED AutoControls videos. These videos have been replaced by newer or better quality versions. (vimeo.40)
- The RailVideos.org page contains 9 more “Layout” playlists (52-60) that show trains, but have no automatic controls.
• With these 2 links, you can View ALL Youtube playlists
or View ALL Vimeo playlists .
• Unfortunately, since Youtube gives you no “A-Z” option to display them in alphabetical order, they display in a JUMBLED order.)
2F. About The Video NUMBERS
Videos numbered with the ‘600’ series numbers are ‘analog‘ (DC or AC) AutoControls videos.
* Videos numbered with the ‘800’ series numbers are DCC AutoControls videos.
Videos numbered with the ‘9202’ series numbers are the ORIGINAL year 1992 videos — originally recorded on Hi-8 & SVHS videotape. They’re all Largescale DC controls, using stock LGB components.
Videos numbered with the ‘200’ series numbers are model railroad videos (mostly layouts). They contain NO automatic controls content.
Videos numbered with the ‘100’ series numbers (miscellaneous) and ‘400’ series numbers (dance) have NO model railroading content.
Links & Descriptions for INDIVIDUAL Videos
The list of AutoControls.org videos (approximately 50) can also be viewed on the original 1997 VIDEOS page on the original website (site3). Below is a “screen capture” of part of that 1997 Videos page.
- Latest information is on the Facebook group, at facebook.com/groups/autocontrols.org
- This group is “Public”, i.e. ANYONE with a Facebook ID, can BROWSE the content of the group, WITHOUT needing to join it.
- You need to be a member to POST a message.
- Messages are restricted to ONLY topics about automatic controls.